Author of Take Me Tomorrow
Special Edition of Books Everywhere (EachPage) Blog
Hello, everyone. Today I bring to you a special post with a Q&A about Take Me Tomorrow and plus some interesting details about its author, awesome Shannon Thompson, who was nice enough to respond to my ramblings about the book, which if you haven’t read please go here and found out more, or read the review I made couple of days ago, right here. If you haven’t read the book, I strongly recommend that you do not read the upcoming lines because it may contain some spoiler. That’s it, let us start.
Q&A Take Me Tomorrow
- I am sure you’ve been asked this but, is there going to be a sequel?
Author: There is a sequel – Take Me Yesterday – as well as a third novel – Take Me Now – written, but neither have guaranteed contracts to be published. Sharing the novel around by reviewing it helps out a lot!
- Tell me, what inspired you to write about Take Me Tomorrow?
Author: Long story short, my mother was a drug addict, and she died from her addiction when I was eleven years old. Through coping, I spent a lot of time researching about drugs, drug use, drug abuse, and more. Take Me Tomorrow was born. If you want the long story, I wrote more about this on my website: Why I Write About Immigration, Drugs, and Addiction
I encourage you to visit the link and learn more.
- How you came up with the name ‘Noah’, did it just pop in your head or is there a special meaning?
Author: Noah does, in fact, have a special meaning, and it would be explained in the sequel. But here’s a BIG hint: it has to do with this quote from Take Me Tomorrow, “I was wrong about him. He hadn’t grown into the forest. He had come out of the water.”
- A main thing about the Drug, did Noah really prevent Sophie from dying?
Author: Take Me Yesterday, the sequel, would explain that, but for now, it is a mystery. That being said, yes, she should’ve died and didn’t. The question of “why” was left open-ended.
- The effects or rather the events foresighted with Tomo can be stopped? Or is it just Sophie?
Author: Eek. I love these guesses, and I wish I could say more so badly, but you are onto something!
- Are all of these questions going to be answered on a sequel? And hence you won’t really tell me much?
Author: All of the questions above will be answered in Take Me Yesterday. The sequel also adds some depth about the history of all of the characters – including Lyn and Broden and even Noah. While Take Me Tomorrow is focused on what the future will be like, Take Me Yesterday is quite the opposite. You will also get to leave the Topeka Region. But I promise there’s a plan. As Noah says, “I have a plan, you know. I’ve always had a plan.”
- How was the world before the massacre? There are bits and pieces in the book but how was it truly?
Continue reading “Q & A with Shannon Thompson”